CFN Partners and Associates continuously gather information about government programs that present business opportunities for industry, with emphasis on those related to defence and security.
CFN interprets and analyzes what is said and written, and then forecasts emerging directions of government projects, plans, budgets and procurement priorities. Written analyses are distributed to clients regularly and when there are major developments of interest.
From the experience and knowledge base of the Partners and Associates, CFN provides advice, counsel and support to clients seeking to provide the products and services needed to meet the stated and anticipated requirements of end-users.
In the development of a strategy to do business with the Government of Canada and international agencies, CFN works with clients to define goals and objectives, identify immediate and longer term opportunities, and to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the competition.
CFN also helps clients to formulate strategic business plans, including the identification of partners, resources, and skills needed for success.
Competitive Bid Proposals
CFN works with clients to:
- identify achievable competitive opportunities;
- select partners and negotiate teaming arrangements;
- analyze the acceptability of proposed solutions;
- contribute to red-team analysis and bid response review;
- assist in the development and implementation of Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) plans to meet government requirements; and
- develop a suitable communications plan in support of a proposal submission.
Industrial and Technological Benefits (formerly Industrial and Regional Benefits)
Major equipment and service expenditures for the Canadian Forces and Coast Guard result in the need for contractors to provide Industrial and Technological Benefits, or ITBs. CFN has provided services in this area for many years, and is a recognized centre of excellence capable of dealing with all ITB needs. CFN provides extensive assistance to companies with ITB obligations – from strategy development, to detailed planning, to researching opportunities, to the submission of transaction proposals. The relatively recent introduction of rated Value Propositions (VPs), which can significantly influence the evaluation scoring of a proposal, makes ITBs planning ever more important. With its extensive network throughout industry, CFN is also able to facilitate linkages between those with ITB obligations and those who can assist in fulfilling them.
CFN provides assistance in dealing with post-contract award issues during the implementation phase of contractual activity.
CFN can help clients with:
- establishing and maintaining a working relationship with the customer;
- developing and implementing communications plans;
- successful strategies for major sub-contracting;
- contingency plans to deal with unexpected problems; and
- addressing issues through alternate dispute resolution, if/when necessary.