CFN is a leading consultancy firm specializing in defence and security issues. Partners and Associates have particular expertise in dealing with the Canadian Forces and departments of the Canadian Government. With experts in defence requirements, defence procurement, industrial regional benefits (offsets), public safety, government processes and contracting, and the defence industry, CFN knows how to assist your company and how to successfully engage with the federal government. This could be with National Defence, Industry Canada, Public Works and Government Services Canada, Public Safety, the Canadian Coast Guard, the RCMP, or other departments and agencies.
From a modest beginning in 1983, CFN has grown steadily to its current strength of five Partners and a team of Associate Consultants, with a consulting horizon well beyond its initial, focused interest in the defence procurement and services processes. In addition to the Ottawa office, CFN has established an Atlantic presence in Halifax known as CFN Consultants (Atlantic) Inc. and an office in Victoria. The professionals at CFN offer clients a wealth of knowledge, expertise, and experience gained from our background in senior positions with the Canadian Forces and the Federal and Provincial Governments, in the following roles.
- Strategic Advisors:
- CFN provides advice and counsel on current policy, government processes, financial plans, technical requirements and government priorities to promote clients’ goals and objectives.
- CFN assists with the realization of business objectives and linkages among stakeholders through our extensive network and knowledge of government procurement.
- CFN employs the extensive experience and expertise of its consultants to conduct strategic business analysis in support of advancing clients' interests.
- Solution Providers:
- CFN provides expert assistance and support to clients in resolving challenges to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Consultants to Governments:
- CFN conducts studies and provides analytical expertise for government departments on a broad range of defence and security issues.
We are the experts in defence and security related government procurement. We have a proven track record of helping our clients – large and small – to win defence and security business.
CFN focuses on providing excellent consulting advice to both our private sector clients as well as the government. We are not political lobbyists. However, some support requested by our clients does involve activities defined as ‘lobbying’ in Canada and we comply strictly with the requirements of the Lobbying Act. Throughout, our focus is on ‘navigating’ the bureaucracy of government, from which requirements and projects most often evolve.